Application Materials Recommendations and Transcripts
- English and math recommendations: Simply ask your current teachers, and then enter their email addresses into the online application. We’ll email them directly. If you’re not currently taking English or math, please ask your current history/humanities or science teacher, respectively.
- Official transcripts: We require transcripts showing current and previous year's grades, which must be sent directly to us by your current school.
- Extracurricular recommendation (optional): You can ask a current teacher, mentor or coach for an extracurricular recommendation.
- School Report: From principal or guidance counselor.
- Essay: Please complete the essay form and email back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parent Statement (required): Please complete the parent statement and email back to us at email@example.com.
School Codes: ISEE 300185; SSAT 5764; SAT 1884; TOEFL 8128
We strongly recommend the TOEFL for students who do not speak English as a primary language and haven’t been in an English-speaking school for the last four years.
In order to apply to Exeter, you must submit standardized test scores. In most cases, the scores must be sent directly from the testing organization to the admissions office. Please be assured that Exeter does not have a cut-off for test scores. We review your application as a whole, which includes your grades and teacher recommendations. If you have any questions, or if you find that the required testing is not available in your area, please contact us.
Teamwork, empathy, and integrity indicate character in action and part of what Exeter is looking for in our students. Phillips Exeter Academy is participating in the pilot of SSATB’s ground-breaking Character Skills Assessment (CSA). The CSA will help our admission team understand the unique values that your child will contribute to the Phillips Exeter Academy community. Click here for more information about the CSA.