Seeking Help

Exeter encourages students to seek assistance at any time. Depending on the nature of the situation, students should contact:

Adviser -- for issues relating to academic or social life.
Dean of Students Office - for issues relating to academic or social life. The Dean of Students Office has deans who specialize in various aspects of student life.
Lamont Health and Wellness Center -- for issues relating to health concerns.
Academic Support—Students seeking help with their course work, their study skills in general, or any other academic concern may email the Academic Support Counselor (, stating the times they’re available to meet. Peer tutors offer evening homework help Sun –Thurs, 7 to 9 in the Academic Support Center.
Academy Student Assistance Program (ASAP) -- Students who have a concern about themselves or a peer may request a non-disciplinary response simply by speaking with a faculty member, staff member or medical professional and identifying the person and the problem.  Read answers to frequently answered questions about ASAP...
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) -- Students who wish to meet confidentially with a licensed mental health professional can complete a request form in the Lamont Health & Wellness Center or e-mail any or all of the counselors:,, or cthurber@exeter.eduRead answers to frequently asked questions about CAPS...