Printable Recommendation Forms
This page is only for teachers/administrators who are completing a printed recommendation form on behalf of a Summer School applicant. If you are an applicant please supply your recommenders with this link so that they may review this information and download their own copy of the recommendation form.
The following recommendation forms are PDF SmartForms and may be submitted via mail, email, or fax. You will need to have "Adobe Reader" installed on your computer to view and complete these forms. You will be able to type in the document and save your work. In order to save and email the completed forms, you will need to save a copy of the appropriate form to your computer. Please use the full name of the applicant as the file name. Be sure to save all changes before closing or emailing the form.
- English/Humanities Recommendation Form
To be completed by a current English or Humanities teacher and sent directly to the Summer School Office from the teacher. (Note: For applicants who are non-native speakers of English, this recommendation must be completed by an English teacher and the applicant will also need to submit a recent composition written in an English class with the teacher's comments.)
- Mathematics/Science Recommendation Form
To be completed by a current Math or Science teacher and sent directly to the Summer School Office from the teacher.
- Guidance Counselor/Principal Recommendation Form
To be completed by a current Guidance Counselor or Principal and sent directly to the Summer School Office along with a copy of the applicant's current transcripts.
- Leadership Recommendation Form
Only required for UPPER SCHOOL students who are applying to The Leadership Program.
To Submit Recommendation Forms by Email:
- By placing a check mark and your name on the signature line you are electronically certifying that you have filled out this form to the best of your knowledge.
- Please include your position, school/organization name, and your school email address.
- Save the form naming the file with the student's name and email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org from your school email account. We will not accept recommendations from a student's email or from an account that does not match the one provided on the recommendation by the recommender.
Forms can also be faxed to the Summer School Office at 603.777.4385 or mailed to:
Summer School Admissions
Phillips Exeter Academy
20 Main Street
Exeter, NH 03833