Phillips Exeter Academy seeks to support the academic and career development of doctoral students, and promote diversity and lively intellectual exchange on its campus by offering a Dissertation Year Fellowship that will support PhD candidates in the completion stage of their dissertation.
This one year assignment will provide a $14,310 stipend (current year's amount), research and travel funds of up to $1,000, room & board, benefits, access to our facilities and resources, as well as professional development opportunities. Dissertation fellows are welcome to participate in most aspects of school life, and to share their work/research with the community during their residency. Fellows do not have prescribed duties during the residency, and shall not have any other full- or part-time job.
The fellowship is open to all disciplines. Candidates who are interested in potentially teaching in an independent school setting, and who are underrepresented in higher education, are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should have completed their research and be prepared to devote full time to writing their dissertation.
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of reference, one of which should be from the dissertation advisor
- A brief statement of purpose (500 words) testifying to the appropriateness of the Fellowship
- A two to three page synopsis of the dissertation
- Complete the online Dissertation Year Application Form.
If you are sending your materials electronically, PDF format is preferred to preserve document formatting, or Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx). Please attach them to your application or email them as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org You may also fax your documents to 603-777-4393.
Deadline: March 15, 2017
Rosanna M. Salcedo, Dean of Multicultural Affairs
20 Main Street, Exeter NH 03833