How To Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for the fall of 2013. The application for the fall of 2014 will be available in early September.
The following items are required components of your application. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns with our application process.
- Start your application with the Applicant Information Form (AIF).
Online submission is required. You are encouraged to submit the AIF well before the deadline of January 15. The application fee is $50 for U.S. and $100 for international applicants.
- Review the Application Checklist and Application Procedures.
- Recommendations: for detailed instructions click here. You might also find the Guidelines for Using the Online Recommendation System helpful.
- Download and complete the following application forms. These forms are not available for online submission. For detailed instructions click here.
- School Report*
Completed by a guidance counselor or principal and sent with transcripts directly to Exeter
- Student Essays
Completed by the applicant
- Parent Statement (optional)
Used by admissions to help us understand how we can best educate and guide a student.
- If you are a musician and are interested in providing additional information to our music faculty, please do so using the Applicant Music Supplement Form. You may share an audio or video recording of your performance by including a link to the online material as instructed on the form. (This is the preferred method for sharing your information.) If necessary, you may send a CD or DVD clearly labeled with your name and instrument directly to the Admissions office. It will not be returned.
Exeter is committed to addressing sustainability in all aspects of school life. Therefore, we ask that you do not send copies of your certificates and awards. You may use the Extracurricular Activities space on the AIF to tell us about your achievements.
Online submission of the AIF and recommendations is strongly encouraged. If you prefer, the supporting documents of the application are available.