Math Science and Technology Conference
- What People are Saying
- How the Conference is Organized
- What does the Registration Fee Include?
- Professional Development Credit for Teachers
- Request an International Letter of Invitation
- College Credits through Rivier University
- Introductory Calculator Sessions
Since 1985, we have had the pleasure of meeting teachers from around the world. Here are some of the comments our past participants have said about their experience here at Exeter.
"Among the best PD conferences I've experienced."
"You folks are clearly pros ~ highly organized, well-prepared, and kindly-connected to everyone. Kudos."
"This is one of the finest math conferences I've attended."
"I love the intensity and the exposure to new ideas here."
"Conference administration was really top notch."
"A wonderful collection of highly skilled and approachable presenters who were very professional in their approach."
"I had heard that this was a great conference, and I fully concur!"
"Without doubt the best professional development in which I have had the opportunity to participate in years, in terms of both the math content and the teaching ideas and pedagogy."
- Participants register for 2 courses of their choice.We fill our courses on a first-come, first-served basis, so register early.
- Each course meets for one hour on Sunday, two hours each day Monday through Thursday, and one hour Friday.
- A complete Conference-within-a-Conference (CWIC) will run from Monday through Thursday. This consists of 45-minute sessions similar to what one might find at an NCTM, NSTA or T-Cubed conference.
- You can attend as many CWIC sessions as you would like during free time throughout the day.
- Evening featured speakers include leading mathematicians, scientists,educators and authors.
- Full use of Phillips Exeter Academy's "state-of-the-art" Science Center.
- A variety of computers will be available for the exclusive use of the conference participants.
- Loaner calculators will be available for the week.
- A computer lab will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily.
- The Academy's athletic facilities will be available: tennis and squash courts, indoor swimming pool, weight room, sauna and more.
- All meals are provided by Phillips Exeter Academy's award-winning dining services.
- There are planned periods of rest and relaxation: coffee and juice breaks, daily social hours, special evening programs and Tuesday evening trips.
At the conclusion of the conference, you will be given a clock hour letter for your school.
Attendance for the week totals 40.5 hours for courses and seminars, plus 3 additional hours for presentations and homework.
Individuals traveling from outside of the United Stated to attend the conference may request a Letter of Invitation to the event. The letter may be used to support an individual's request for organizational or governmental clearance to attend the conference.
Individuals requesting a Letter of Invitation must be fully registered - including payment in full- for the conference. If you need to register, click here.
A Letter of Invitation issued by Phillips Exeter Academy will:
- Be addressed directly to the individual requesting the invitation
- Include the name, date and location of the conference
- Indicate the individual's responsibility for all expenses related to his/her participation in the conference (including registration, travel and accommodations)
- Be signed by Tom Seidenberg, Director of the Anja S. Greer Conference
All letters of invitation will be sent via email. If you require a printed letter, please contact the conference office directly.
We are pleased to provide college credits through Rivier University. If you are interesting in earning college credits, here are the details.
Course ID: MA902A2
Course Title: Topics in Teaching Mathematical Sciences
Term: Summer 2015, Term 2
Credits: 3 graduate credits
Cost: $513 (this is in addition to the conference registration fee paid to Phillips Exeter Academy.)
Location: Course conducted at Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, NH
Course Instructor: Dr. Joseph Spadano, Rivier University, Division of Education/ Department of Mathematics; email@example.com; (603) 897-8472
In order to earn graduate credits:
STEP 1: Complete an On-line Registration Request form by June 20, 2015. Return completed forms and fee of $513 to:
The Registrar's Office
420 S. Main Street
Nashua NH 03060
Checks should be made payable to Rivier University.
STEP 2: Complete the course requirements described in the course syllabus.
Introductions to the TI-84 and TI-nspire
- Learn how to navigate the keyboard.
- These drop-in, hands-on workshops are offered on Sunday morning from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- These sessions are designed to acquaint beginners with the graphing, statistics, tables, parametric and symbolic capabilities of the TI-84 and TI-nspire.
- True novice users are advised to attend the entire session.
- It is not necessary to register for these sessions prior to the conference!
- TI calculators can be borrowed for these sessions or for the entire week.